Sunday, June 30, 2013

Drawing Box (2011)

Another birthday project. A friend of mine asked drawing supplies for her birthday. 
Sure I can give you that, but I'd like to put them in a personal storage box.


Finished box.
You might have guessed her name already. Her name is Linda. I sawed those letters out of some MDF. The box itself is made from multiplex.
It has a lid, underneath it are 3 compartments. A large one for pencils and the other 2 for a model man and some other small supplies.
At the bottom there's another small compartment. That lid can be pulled forward and is a good storage for drawing books (which were also included in this gift)

Top view.
 To make the wood look more old I used some diluted acrylic paint. That way it works in the same way as staining.
I also added some silver lines and some fake diamond plate which was glued to the sides and the inside of the lid.
The compartments have a black soft pillow.
Opened box with all the items I bought inside.

The easy way is to just buy a ready to go drawing box and use the techniques I described to make it look older and such. But because of the books and also the price I made it myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment