Sunday, June 30, 2013

Name Signs (2011 and up)

As a baby shower gift I like to give something personal. Nothing is more personal than a sign with the name of the baby.

 Up until now I have made 3 signs:

Jason the son of my niece
"Jason" was my first sign. He's the son of my niece. My niece always loved panda bears. The baby room also got a panda theme. It was more than logical to add a panda bear to the sign.
The letter and the bear are separate from the sign and made out of wood.
I added 2 stickable eyelets to hang the sign as well as 2 feet on which the sign can stand on a shelf for example.

Morris is the son of another niece.
I'm sorry for the discoloration, this picture was made in the evening with my phone.
 The second one was "Morris" the son of another niece. This sign was designed like the birth card we got. The font is hand drawn from the original, since I didn't have it on my computer.
The letters as well as the bird and its wing are glued on the main sign.

Ruben is the son of a guy from FruitCorso
Last but not least: "Ruben".
This one has to be the most work because it has a lot of detailed paintwork.
For size: The cauliflower is about 15 cm width and it's glued on top of the sign.
Ruben is the son of a guy that works with me at FruitCorso. He was always nagging he would make a cauliflower as a design which would consist out of cauliflowers and cauliflower leaves.
Because of that I designed my own Anne Geddes inspired cauliflower baby.
Next to that I added all the information from the birth card, trying to use the same font.


I enjoy making signs like this. If you're interested and live in Holland, send me a message and I'll see what I can make for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment