Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Chalkboard "Warm-up 4 Hoop" (2014)

This year the bi-annual "Samenloop voor Hoop" ("Walk of Hope")  is being held in my town.
My father organised a team of relay walkers. With that team we also have a market stand. My dad wants to sell warm drinks. That is how he came up with the "Warm-up 4 Hoop" team name (it's half Dutch).

I wanted to help out a bit, so I made a chalkboard for him to put the drinks on and the prices.

Finished chalkboard
It's a board of MDF with a pre-made pine frame, some clay, paint and a chalkboard sticker.
My father came up with the cup as a team logo, which I turned into a 3D model made out of clay.
3D logo
3D logo with the bottom text.
"Samenloop voor Hoop"
 The frame I coated with a brown primer. I added a thin layer of white paint to give it an older antique look. I also sanded the edges of the cup and plate a bit for that same reason.

The letters are done by hand. I used white paint and added some shadow lines with a darker gray tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment