Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Birth Sign Penguin (2014)

Someone I know ordered a specific design of a birth sign:

Cracked egg
Penguin parachutist


The woman asked me to do sign with a penguin. I asked her to send me some basic pictures I could work with. It was clear she liked some sort of cartoonish penguin baby.

In her request she also asked to make an egg first and once it opened a penguin was revealed and ended up with these 2 ideas:
The 2nd is a basic black/ white penguin (as the send cartoon versions were) and is the traditional one where you pull off the top part of the egg and the penguin sits snuggly in it's shell.
I thought of something more unique: What if you remove the bottom part? Than you end up with an eggshell parachute!

Here are the steps:


1: Make a drawing
2: Saw out the drawing
3: Paint (1st coat is never nice, it needs 2 to 3 coats to be perfectly covered.

Finish it off with some varnish and screw on the parts to attach it to the pole and it's done.

Egg with the pole, it's quite high, but it has
to go about 40-50 cm into the ground.
Revealed after birth.





















The single parts are shoved upon 2 bolts, which are tightened with a winged nut.

At the back of the top part of the egg and in the back of the penguin some rings are screwed in on which you can hook the parachute lines.

The sign at his feet are meant to have the name written on, but I wasn't allowed to know the name, so they're writing it at home.

If you'd like to have your own unique birth sign: contact me and we'll discuss the details.




No comments:

Post a Comment