Saturday, June 20, 2015

Puzzle box "Bram" (2015)

An old colleague of my mother asked it I could make a little puzzle box for her grandson. She has seen this online, but those makers quit their business and she was wondering if I wasn't able to make one.

Finished piece

Sure, no problem.
I made a box of plywood and added a lid where I saw out his name. I transferred the holes to another piece of plywood and saw those letters out too.
Because I didn't like the holes when the box was closed I added another lid, on which the letters could rest and closed off the box.

Some parts were stained others only varnished.
In the end I added the date of birth.
Side view; The lid in front with the letters underneath
Top view with the letters out.
This is where the toddler can try and put his name through the holes.

I'm not sure about the measurements anymore, but it should be about an A4 size box of about 14 cm tall.
End result 

No comments:

Post a Comment