Sunday, April 2, 2017

Birdhouse Clock (2016)

As a present to the designers of the Fruitcorso cart I've wanted to  give them something in spirit of their design. I came up with a birdhouse clock, because the design was a clock with gears, carried by birds and butterflies.

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT USE THESE FOR REAL BIRDHOUSES
I've been told that they serve as an oven when they're put in direct sunlight, cooking the little birdies.

Open and closed "clock"

I went to the local thrift shop and got 2 cookie tins.
There were spraypainted black.

2 nice cookie tins

Black cookie tins

When the tins were black I added chains, hinges and a front plate.

Some chains are added

The front plate was covered with a  printed clock. The hands of the clock are put at 17:09
The Fruitcorso took place at September the 17th.
The tins were then painted gold.

Basic gold

I added some darker colors around the edges to make it look older and I made a template which I then dabbed with black/ dark gold.

2 layers of varnish finished this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment